About North of 56
This website is primarily about the economy in North America north of the 56th parallel:
- North of this line live 1 million people, south of it 550 million people live.
- North of the line represents 38% of the continent’s land area.
- North of this line the per capita income is $47,000.
- South of this line the per capita income is $28,000.
Cold is hot. The North offers considerable economic opportunities:
- For job seekers: high paying jobs, particularly in the trades; geo-sciences; and for those willing to work in harsh conditions.
- For investors: profits; investment opportunities in resource extraction.
- For suppliers: profits from sales to companies active in the North.
North of 56 Research and Economics is a sole proprietor business owned by Norman Eady.