Links for northern job-seekers
November 14, 2012
The North is the land of opportunity. Below (in sources) are listed some helpful links for the key northern jurisdictions.
- Alaska The state unemployment rate was 7.5% in Sep-12. Of course you must be a US citizen, or have a green card to work in Alaska.
- Yukon The Yukon unemployment rate was 6.5% in Oct-12. You must be a Canadian citizen or have established a legal right to work in Canada.
- NWT The NWT unemployment rate was 7.6% in Oct-12.
- Nunavut The Nunavut unemployment rate is about 17%.
- Ft.McMurray The Alberta unemployment rate is 4.5%, lowest in Canada.
Job opportunities exist in the north. Keep in mind that many areas are inaccessible by road. It is cold in the north, and dark in the winter. It is an expensive place to live.
- a)http://labor.state.ak.us/jobseek/jobseek.htm and http://laborstats.alaska.gov/relocate/relocate.htm
- b) http://www.yuwin.ca/jobs/index.cfm
- d)http://www.nnsl.com/jobs/jobs.html or try http://www.eluta.ca/location:Nunavut-jobs-in-Nunavut